Thursday, December 4, 2014

Memory Verse of the Week: Psalm 116:10

Psalm 116:10 (NKJV)
10 I believed, therefore I spoke,
“I am greatly afflicted.”

One of my catch phrases I need to stop saying is "ignore it and it will go away". I try to ignore problems in my life and suppress my feelings so I don't have to deal with them. In this Psalm, the Psalmist was on the verge of death and so he did the only thing he could do: call out to God for help. And God saved him! 
When he was afflicted, he admitted it. I belive this is an important verse to learn because a lot of times Christians will try to pretend like they have no problems because they believe they should be perfect and their lives should be perfect. That is simply not true. It's impossible. The Psalmist  knew he was in trouble, and he shared it with God. This is an example we should follow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment