Monday, July 7, 2014

Music Monday: Clear the Stage

The song Clear the Stage by Jimmy Needham cut me to the heart. I was not expecting it to impact me in such a way but this song makes me question, what are my idols? Why have I let them become this? And what am I going to do to get God back on the throne of my heart?
The lyrics at the end of this song are truths that I do not hear spoken a lot today:
"Anything I put before my God is an idol
Anything I want with all my heart is an idol
Anything I can't stop thinking of is an idol
Anything that I give all my love is an idol"
Words like that need to be proclaimed to the Church and I hope more people like Jimmy Needham will speak this truth. It is not just a suggestion to put God first in our lives, but a command:
"You shall have no other gods before Me" (Exodus 20:3)

No comments:

Post a Comment