Tuesday, August 19, 2014

I'm Back!

I guess I should have announced my summer long hiatus… but I was too lazy to. And that is honestly why I’ve barely posted this summer: laziness. And that is a sin so… I guess I should honestly pray about that.

Anyway school is about to be back so I will once again have a sense of deadlines which means I will once again get blog posts out. Since it is my junior year (the quote unquote “hardest year of the best four years of your life”) I may not be able to do my normal post every Saturday, however I will give my best efforts to have memory verse of the week and  music Monday. Speaking of Music Monday, I will probably be doing a lot more than that. This summer I found a lot of sick bands and songs that I can’t wait to share with all of you, so look forward to see random music up on the blog on any random day!
This summer was the busiest one I’ve ever experienced.
Highlights of my summer:
  • Church Camp at Panama Beach Florida
  • VBS (I volunteered, didn’t attend. Even though wanted to…)
  • My 1st Mission Trip

And in between all of that I filled my time with church activities. (This is the first summer I can remember my family didn’t go on vacation. Gasp.) Basically I have been totally boxed in from the world. That is both good and bad. Good because I have really gotten stronger in my relationship with God this summer and bad because August 25, the first day of school, is probably going to be a total culture shock for me. But I am looking forward to it!

The last thing I want to share is what God has taught me this summer (or reinforced into my mind):
1. God is enough and He fills me up
  • I finally grasped this, a couple of days ago, after an incident with a friend and I have never felt closer to my Heavenly Father! Explaining this is impossible and to be honest, I don’t think anyone can truly understand how God is enough until they go through something and God shows His faithfulness more than ever.
2. He truly does use me
  • This summer I was able to meet a lot of really amazing people and from our conversations, or just me listening to them, I realized God is using me. I sin every day and fall so woefully short of His glory but He redeems me and USES me for His kingdom! Seriously, me! It is truly amazing to see how many lives He has touched this summer from someone like me!
3. Pray
Pretty straight forward here. Prayer is one of the most important things in a Christian life and I don’t do it enough.
  • This summer three of my friends and I all made prayer journals together and it has changed my life. I will hopefully do a post about the prayer journal soon.
4. Community
  • I am totally shy but a lot of people don’t know that because I love people so much (and honestly, I fake confidence sometimes)! I am blessed to live in an area with so many Christians, not just people who go to my church, but all Christians. The Body of Christ is such a blessing and this year I am definitely going to take more advantage of it.
5. God is power
  • Looking back at my prayer journal or my normal journal, I see God’s faithfulness and power. It is something that makes me wants to cry tears of joy and laugh out loud because He is SOO powerful and it just blows my small mind!

This summer I am 100% convinced that God has been preparing me for this upcoming school year. There is going to be some crazy faith at my High School and I am so stoked! Stay tuned for more posts coming up soon. I’m back!

No comments:

Post a Comment