Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Memory Verse Wednesday: Mark 11:24

A lot of people misuse this verse so I am glad Ally suggested we do it this week.
Mark 11:24 (ESV)
Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.
Jesus is talking in this passage and it is during the last week of His life. Loads of people will pick this verse out of the Bible and declare that whatever they demand God to give them, He will. But guess what, God isn't our servant although Jesus did come down to serve us. God doesn't do our bidding and just wait around for our prayers. In the same paragraph of this verse, Jesus orders His disciples to have faith in God. If we have faith in God, we will want our prayers to line up with His will instead of our wants. So this week while I pray I am going to try to pray less selfish prayers and yield more to God's will.
Memorizing Verse Tip:
  • Write it down. Everywhere. In you journals, your school papers, your hand (OK, my Mother doesn't like me doodling on my had so maybe you shouldn't do that one).

No comments:

Post a Comment