Thursday, March 20, 2014

Memory Verse Wednesday: Colossians 3:17

Today's verse is one I myself definitely need to be more mindful of:

Colossians 3:17-And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

A lot of times I will complain and have a bad attitude when I am forced to do a particularly vigorous task. Since God's word commands us to do everything without murmuring or complaining I already shouldn't be doing that. However saying verses like this gives me a new perspective. Like if I am doing dishes late at night because I procrastinated all week I will tell myself "pretend like you're washing God's dishes".
I hope you will memorize this verse with me too this week.
Here is another tip for memorizing scripture:
  • I change my phone wallpaper to the verse so that every time I do something on my phone I can easily read through the verse

No comments:

Post a Comment