Thursday, May 8, 2014

Memory Verse of the Week: Psalm 37:4

Psalm 37:4 (ESV)

Delight yourself in the Lord,
and he will give you the desires of your heart.

I had a conversation with my mom about this verse around a week ago and we both had two very different perspectives but we both agree that this verse could be used the wrong way. Although we said different stuff I believe what we both said was true.

My side: People may abuse this passage because they could say that it's saying God will give you any ting you want, i.e. a brand new car or all of the cloths you want. However I believe that when you delight in the Lord, the desires of your heart will be what He wants and you will want to please Him.

Mom's side: Mom believes that people can take what I said to an extreme and say that you can’t want any material things. But she knows that's not true. God does want to bless us, but He doesn’t want those things to take over your life and have a place above Him.

If you have any input on this verse comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment