Thursday, May 29, 2014

Memory Verse of the Week: Romans 8:38-39

As a child I would stay awake at night horrified of one thing. Not the spooky monsters lurking in my closet or even the thought that a scary bug could be crawling in my bed. One thing haunted my thoughts and tortured me: death. 
But not just death, but what happens after death.
The Bible, however, has assuring words for those thoughts. 

For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

This verse assures us that nothing, not even death can separate us from God's love. There never has to be another sleepless night. Memorizing this verse will help vanquish the insane thought that we may not be with Jesus when we die. 

No comments:

Post a Comment