Thursday, April 24, 2014

Memory Verse Thursday: Matthew 10:32-33

Tuesday night (A school night, I am so cool right? Just kidding!) I saw God's Not Dead with a couple of friends and it got me thinking. After I laughed at a couple of the cheesy parts (Don't worry, I wont spoil anything) I thought about one of the verses they mentioned in the movie: Matthew 10:32-33.

Matthew 10:32-33 (ESV)

 So everyone who acknowledges me before men, I also will acknowledge before my Father who is in heaven,  but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven.


Jesus had His whole life on earth center around dying on the cross so we could be forgiven of our sins. He took us seriously and wants us to take Him seriously and not be ashamed of Him. At my High School, the majority of the people I interact with are not Christians.  A lot of them don't give a hoot about how much Jesus loves them but I still take Him as a big deal because He took me as a big deal. And when you look at how He talked, He made it clear that we shouldn't just brush Him off.

No comments:

Post a Comment